01 February 2011

A Painting a Week - No 72

























For Sale - 1st February 2011  
[SOLD]
Archway at the Louvre, Paris
Size: 15 x 21cm
Price A$90
(Postage and handling included)

Anyone who has been to Paris and visited the Louvre, I'm sure, has stood underneath this beautiful archway and had their photo taken. Although I suspect I've probably photographed it on every visit to Paris, I've always found it tricky to capture it without too many 'other' damned tourists in the way, or I've not been there when the light has been right.

The archway is actually officially known as the Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel but I doubt anyone actually knows it as that! It was built between 1806 and 1808 as a 'triumphal arch' to commemorate Napoleon's military victories of the previous year.

The painting has the appearance of more of a watercolour than I would usually do (especially since I paint in acrylic!), but the underpainting came together so nicely, that I didn't dare venture any further!

I now have an accompanying site which allows you to use Paypal or credit cards to purchase my weekly paintings. Please click on the following link Art Weekly Online Shop or if you'd rather deal with me direct, please email me at either jackiesinfrance@hotmail.com or jackie@jackiesherwood.com.

Please note that there is also a Currency Converter in both this blog site (scroll down), and my website (http://www.jackiesherwood.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment