22 March 2011

A Painting a Week - No 79


















For Sale - 22nd March 2011
Italian Reflections, Positano
Size: 21 x 15cm
Price A$90
(Postage and handling included)

This painting is from one of many many photos I took last year in Positano on the Amalfi Coast of Italy. I found it a really difficult place to photograph, mostly due to its layout, and only being able to see one side or the other at a time! Even when we ventured out in a boat, to capture the town sitting nestled at the base of the mountains, was still a challenge. Another thing that made it difficult was the constant haze of smoke from the surrounding hills. It seemed that the local farmers were burning vegetation (possibly vine clippings!) on the stepped terraces up above the town. So I decided to concentrate on 'the small things'and was rewarded with lots of photos of what helps make up beautiful Positano. Thats not to say, though, that I won't be attempting to paint larger parts of Positano at some stage!

If you would like to buy this painting, please click on the following link to my Art Weekly Online Shop, or if you'd rather deal with me direct, please email me at either jackiesinfrance@hotmail.com or jackie@jackiesherwood.com.

Please note that there is also a Currency Converter in both this blog site (scroll down), and my website at http://www.jackiesherwood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment