26 September 2011

Greece to Sydney

Its that time again. We're off on Tuesday on the slow jaunt back to Sydney. It starts with the overnight ferry crossing from Patras to Brindisi, with a a few days en-route in Italy filling our systems with great Italian coffee and pasta. Then to our old stompin' ground in the Languedoc region of France to take care of a few things, enjoy some almond croissants (but not the coffee) before we fly out of Toulouse to Los Angeles. This is the first time Peter and I have flown internationally together - should be fun!  I have a few days in LA to sightsee and do some shopping, then head off to New Zealand for 10 days to spend time with my sisters. I rendezvous with Peter in Sydney on 24th October and we'll be residents of Potts Point for the first month, and then Lane Cove for the following 3 weeks.  Its been over 18 months since I've been back and I'm really looking forward to seeing family and friends in that part of the world.

I'm really hoping to continue with the Art Weekly whilst I'm gone - it may be a bit haphazard, but I'm determined, and I'd like to attempt some Australian and New Zealand themes along with the usuals. I believe there are all sorts of new cafes that need checking out, so perhaps I can try my hand at some of those!

I do have a one day art exhibition planned with Changeable Art in North Sydney on 10th December. There will be plenty of new work lots of small framed and unframed paintings for sale - perfect Christmas presents!

No comments:

Post a Comment