13 November 2012

A Painting A Week No 115 - Idle Boats, Vernazza


















For Sale - 13th November 2012

Idle Boats, Vernazza
Size: 21 x 15cm
Price A$90
(Postage and handling included)

Now that we're back in Koroni, I have many many more photos to reference for my paintings.  Its been an incredibly busy year of travelling, and it's likely I'm going to have to spend all winter organising all these photos, not to mention  previous years. This one though, was taken during a spring visit to Vernazza in Italy's lovely Cinque Terre.  Some of the boats that are usually moored in a nice orderly line in the harbour were lying up on the higher level amongst the restaurants, I would suspect, following a nice winter paint job.

When I was actually painting this I was thinking it was Portofino as I have taken similar photos there, but then as I was working on 'ageing' the buildings, I realised it couldn't possibly be Portfofino; the buildings in the background were far too 'tatty' (just as I like them!)

We were in Vernazza again about a month ago with James, and I'm pleased to report it seems to have almost recovered from the devastating mudslide there last autumn. The harbour area is back to normal, though the main street through the town is still pretty chaotic and noisy, with workmen, jackhammers and the like. Most of the shops do seem to have reopened and are sporting new and interesting facades.

If you would like to buy this painting, please click on this link to my  Art Weekly Online Shop, or if you'd rather deal with me direct, please email me at either jackiesinfrance@hotmail.com or jackie@jackiesherwood.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment