29 November 2012

A Painting A Week No 117 - Vieux Menton



















For Sale - 29th November 2012
Vieux Menton, France
Size: 21 x 15cm
SOLD
(Postage and handling included)

I love this view of Menton old town from across the bay. It comes into sight just after arriving in France from Italy along the coastal road, and to me highlights the wonderful haphazardness and colour of old Europe. Its rather tricky to photograph as it needs morning sun, and then a nice clear day, and a good long lens helps too. You may have noticed that I've painted a version of this 2 or 3 times before, and probably will again!

Menton itself is a slightly more sedate version of Nice or Cannes and a great base for exploring that part of Provence by train. Formerly entertwined with the principality of Monaco, Menton became a part of France in 1860.

If you would like to buy this painting, please click on this link to my  Art Weekly Online Shop, or if you'd rather deal with me direct, please email me at either jackiesinfrance@hotmail.com or jackie@jackiesherwood.com.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie! Another fine work, I love the colours! I always enjoy your blog so much that I've nominated you for a 'One Lovely Blog Award'. Check out my latest post at http://paintingskiathos.wordpress.com for the details on how to accept. Keep well! Much love, Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh many thanks Yvonne - sorry have only just seen this comment - will check it out. Love Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete