17 January 2012

Welcome to 2012 - A Painting A Week No 97

























For Sale - 17th January 2012

French Poppies #3
Size: 15 x 21cm
Price A$90
(Postage and handling included)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

January is already rushing by and despite all my good intentions, I fell into a deep non-creative hole during our time in New Zealand and Australia.  When I wrote this we were in France and after some delays in Italy, we're now back in Greece. Hopefully, things will return to 'normal' soon  and I'll be able to get the paintbrushes out again!

In the meantime, this week's painting is one I finished just before we left and although not the right season, it seemed appropriate that its a French one. It's a  few months yet before the poppies make their appearance, and being mid winter, the Languedoc countryside was totally devoid of anything brightly coloured. Despite this, the rows of vines without their leaves still managed to give off a rather nice coppery effect against the clear blue skies.  When we get back here in the spring, everything will be madly flowering again and I'll be able to restock my photo portfolio of poppies to work from.

If you would like to buy this painting, please click on the following link to my Art Weekly Online Shop, or if you'd rather deal with me direct, please email me at either jackiesinfrance@hotmail.com or jackie@jackiesherwood.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment