08 April 2011

Greece and the Wildflowers

Before we left Greece a couple of weeks ago, the wildflowers were astounding. I guess most people don't associate Greece with fields of brightly coloured flowers and vibrant green grass, but our area is full of both at this time of the year. I managed to join in with a walk through the hills up behind Koroni, and got a few photos, but I just couldn't capture the swathes of wildflowers in amongst the olive groves, little windy paths and goats. There were clumps of brilliant red anenome-like flowers which were totally new to me in this environment, fields of yellow and white as well and even wild lavender.

Then along the way to get the ferry from Patras to Ancona in Italy, we drove partway along the Old National Highway, and once again came across beautiful fields of pink and yellow flowers amongst the olive groves.
I've run out of words, and hope the pictures tell the story!



No comments:

Post a Comment