16 July 2012

A Painting A Week No 106




















For Sale - 16th July 2012
Skiathos, Greece 2
Size: 21 x 15cm
Price A$90
(Postage and handling included)

I’m currently in northern Greece, and on the way here spent 9 days on the lovely island of Skiathos, hence this week’s painting. This is my 3rd year visiting Skiathos and each time I seem to slip easily into ‘creative mode’. I put this down to Yvonne’s inspiring company, and cool relaxing studio! Once again I've fallen for a view over the water but there’s so much to paint there that I’m always spoilt for choice. I do love the contrast of the sea, white houses and the orange roofs.  Needless to say there are more Skiathos paintings in the pipeline, and some from Skopelos as well, where we spent a couple of days exploring once Peter joined me.

If you would like to buy this painting, please click on this link to my Art Weekly Online Shop, or if you'd rather deal with me direct, please email me at either jackiesinfrance@hotmail.com or jackie@jackiesherwood.com.

2 comments:

  1. Yet another beautiful painting, Jackie. You've captured the old port perfectly! Thank you so much for your kind words - the feelings are mutual - it' s always such a pleasure to have you visit; your enthusiasm and creativity always inspires me! Some of my happiest memories are the many hours we sat in silence at either end of the studio, each lost in concentration......no need for words....just content in the knowledge you were there, creating something wonderful......Thank you so much! Hope you're home safe and sound and enjoying a rest after all your travels. Much love to you - and Peter too, of course" Yvonne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh thanks Yvonne! Its so good to be back and I've only just seen your nice comments. I do hope your time in the UK goes beautifully. See you next year, if not before. Luv Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete