05 April 2007

2007 France and Beyond

It seemed there was absolutely no stopping me, the house was sold, James and Joe ‘alternately lodged’ and my belongings all packed up, so before long there I was, back in France and again in Mary’s lovely little house in Fayssinet-le-Gelat.
I spent a month painting furiously, and playing tour guide to various friends, and then whammo.... I met Peter, and my usual French stint (and my life) changed dramatically.

Peter lived in Pezenas a lovely medieval town in the Languedoc region. This was an area I had barely visited. We spent as much time as we could exploring the region; the nearby river plains, lined with vineyards as far as the eye could see, the rugged mountains (still with vineyards often squeezed into the valleys), the beautiful hillside villages, and along the coast, the bustling Mediterranean towns and colourful buildings and boats.

This was the start of a whole new French adventure for me, and this time with a wonderful man to share it with. The rest of my stay in 2007 was a whirlwind of everything, particularly travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment